Tuesday, January 22, 2013

two days 'til christmas.

12.23.10
 
Around here, two days before Christmas is affectionately referred to as "Christmas Adam" by our kids.  You know, because Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas.  And Adam came before Eve?  Ha ha, right?  :)

So I thought I'd post a Christmas gift I'm working on, a transformation of a bad painting I picked up at Goodwill into (hopefully) a beautiful gift.  I got the idea for this painting from somebody's etsy shop.  I figured since I'm just giving it away and not looking to sell it, that it was okay that I totally pilfered somebody else's idea!  I just know that the person it's for will love it. :)

This is a (slightly hideous) painting I bought at 1/2 off day at Goodwill, because I wanted to use it for an inexpensive canvas to paint on. 

What do you think?  Okay, this is just the first "phase", where I painted over it.  It's going to be a gift for someone I am fairly sure doesn't read my blog.  Just to be safe, though, you'll have to wait 'til after Christmas to see the finished product.  Which I don't have done yet, anyway, since I'm waiting for the background to dry first.

No comments:

Post a Comment