Tuesday, January 22, 2013

hello again.


9.7.12

Wow, it's hard to believe that the summer has flown by and once more, we're back at it with school again!  Just seemed like it was about time I popped in here to touch base with whoever out there might be reading my art blog. :)

Over the past several months, I've had to sort of pull back and regroup a bit, artistically speaking.  Painting had become more of a chore, and that's not the way I want it to be.  I want to paint for the joy of painting, and not to worry about what other people might like, but just to paint things that I feel like painting.

So a couple of hours ago, I realized I actually feel like painting today!  I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like that.  So we'll see if I have something to show for it later on this week...

In any case, I thought it was time to post some photos of paintings I've done since my last post here back in April.  I hope you enjoy...


Just a small one, 10" x 10", for my Beach House etsy shop.


This one was a gift for some friends of ours, after they had their much-prayed for baby boy.  It was really fun for me to paint this one, because the words rang so true, since I also had been praying for them to have a baby. :)  Those are his little footprints in the corner there.  No paint on newborn feet required... I traced around the hospital footprints and transferred them to the canvas! :)

I really like this one a lot.  It's hanging in our living room currently, and I just love the bright colors.


So I had this large canvas and was planning to paint something to hang over one of our couches.  My husband requested a lizard, and we had just painted a wall in our house orange.  So now have a ginormous orange lizard in our living room.  It's really kind of random, but we like it.  :)
See what I mean?  It's a GINORMOUS lizard.

On the family front, we had a good vacation in Michigan this summer, our three middle kids went to Bible camp, our second oldest volunteered at the library for the kids' summer reading program, and our oldest worked at McDonald's over the summer and just moved to Michigan to work & save money for college next fall.  

And now we're back at it, doing homeschool for the new academic year.  We're really ready for some fall weather to kick in, because we are still having high temperatures in the low 100s.  Fall is when it really starts to kick in with the nice weather out here... I can hardly wait!

And we'll see what this wanting-to-paint feeling I'm having today produces.  At the moment, I need to go start a load of laundry and do some schoolwork with my kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment