Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a double ta-dah.

8.3.11

Thought I'd post my two most recent paintings here today, vastly different from one another as they are.  The first one is a scene from our Beach House, on the southern shore of Lake Superior, which we rent out as a vacation rental.  I think this painting fits nicely with the "Being Creative" July theme of "Summer". 

SAND IN THE TOES--acrylic paint on 16" x 20" canvas board--Prints available! :)

My most recent painting, finished this week, is a departure from my usual style, inspired by a fun ballpoint pen & crayon doodle our 14-year-old (extremely creative) daughter did a couple of weeks ago.  Last week, I just felt like doing something cheerful, so this is what I came up with.  The Bible verse is special to my husband and me, and I had the reference engraved inside his wedding band before we got married.  I'm contemplating doing some more paintings in this sort of style, just for something fun and different.

1 JOHN 4:19--acrylic paint on 22" x 24" stretched canvas

In art business-related news, I recently received my business license and transaction privilege license from the state of Arizona.  So now "ART by Amelia Kay" is an official business and I am allowed to charge sales tax... which is required if I sell art in Arizona.  Which I do intend to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment